Nutella Mug Cake, recipe provided below (adapted from Live Love Pasta)
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING (IF DESIRED)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug.
- Whisk well with a fork until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1½– 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave; mine took 1½ minutes.)
- Add heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on medium-high speed until almost stiff.
- Add sugar and beat until heavy cream forms stiff peaks.
- Top Mug Cakes with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce, if desired.
Red Velvet Mug Cake, recipe provided below (adapted from The Novice Chef)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- powdered sugar for dusting on top, optional
- In a large mug, whisk (with a small whisk or large fork) together the milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt). Add to the milk mixture and add the vegetable oil and red food coloring. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 10 seconds. This recipe will rise and then deflate slightly since it's being cooked in the microwave. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately!
Easy Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe, recipe provided below (adapted from The Gunny Sack)
- 3 tablespoons cake mix (regular or sugar free)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Put 3 tablespoons of cake mix (regular or sugar free), 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1 tablespoon water into a small greased, microwave safe bowl or mug. I used a small ramekin.
- Mix with a fork until mostly smooth.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds.