Spinach Ricotta Lasagna, recipe provided below (adapted from Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
- ½ fresh lasagna sheet
- 2½ cups (75g) baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 large basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp granulated garlic
- 6 TBS pasta sauce or tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Cut the lasagna sheet in half, and cut each strip in half again. Place the pasta sheets into a bowl, and pour very hot water in it, until it covers all the pieces. I used boiled hot water from my electric kettle. Set the pasta pieces aside.
- Chop the spinach and place it in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover the top with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in it for ventilation. Microwave for 1 minute. Take out the spinach and let it rest.
- Grate the mozzarella while you wait for the spinach to cool.
- Mix the spinach with the ricotta, pepper, granulated garlic, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce at the bottom of the mug. Top with a piece of softened pasta sheet. Add some spinach mixture, 2 tablespoons of mozzarella, and a pasta sheet. Continue building the lasagna, ending with a layer of pasta sheet at the top. Sprinkle mozzarella over the pasta.
- Microwave everything for 1 minute 30 seconds. Check to make sure that the mozzarella is melted. If it isn't, continue microwaving at 15-second intervals until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately.
Butter Chicken Pot Pie with Naan Crust, recipe provided below (adapted from Host the Toast)
For the Naan Top:
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, plus more to dust
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to top
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, to top
- Cilantro, to top
For the Butter Chicken:
- 1½ cups Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1½ cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Start by preparing the Naan dough. In a glass measuring cup, combine the dry yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and ¾ cup warm water. Let it sit for 10 minutes, or until foamy. Meanwhile, sift the flour, salt, remaining 1 teaspoon of sugar and baking powder into a large bowl.
- When the yeast is ready, mix the Greek yogurt and olive oil into the yeast mixture. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix. When the dough is nearly formed, use your hands to mix and knead until a soft dough forms. Cover and let rise in a warm area for 2 hours.
- While you wait, put together the chicken marinade. Combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt, and cinnamon in a large container. Add in the chicken thigh pieces and mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- After an hour, melt 4 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the diced onion and saute until softened, stirring often. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomato, jalapeno, chicken, and chicken marinade, and cook for 10 minutes. Add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the vegetables, cream, and tomato paste and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 6 oven safe mugs or one casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Fill the mugs or casserole dish with the Butter Chicken. Set aside.
- On a lightly dusted surface, turn out the dough. Divide into 6 equal pieces and gently stretch to cover the tops of the mugs. Gently press to the sides of the mugs to adhere.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and cilantro, if desired. Serve warm.
Microwaved Sausage and Cheese Spaghetti Dinner, recipe provided below (adapted from Lady and Pups)
- 1 1/2 cup (180 grams) of spaghetti, broken into short segments
- 1 1/2 cup (355 grams) of water
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup (240 gram)of half and half
- 1/8 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 heaping cup (45 grams/1.6 oz) of shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 heaping cup (45 grams/1.6 oz) of shredded sharp cheddar, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup (20 grams/0.7 oz) of grated Parmigiano cheese, plus more for topping
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4.2 oz (120 grams) of sweet Italian sausage meat
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp of unsalted butter
- Break the spaghetti up into short segments with your hands into a microwave-proof bowl. Add water and salt, then stir to combine. Cover the bowl and microwave on high for 4 min, then stir again with a fork. Cover and microwave on high again for 3 ~ 4 min (depending on the thickness of the spaghetti) until the pasta is al-dente and the water’s mostly absorbed. Add the half and half, grated nutmeg, shredded fontina and cheddar, and grated Parmigiano cheese. Mix evenly and season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Divide the Italian sausage, minced garlic, fresh thyme and unsalted butter into 2 mugs. Use a fork to mix them slightly, then microwave on high for 1 min. Break up the sausage meat with a fork (which shouldn’t be completely cooked yet) and return to the microwave for another 1:30 min. Divide the spaghetti and cheese mixture into the mugs and mix with the sausage on the bottom. Top with more shredded cheddar, Parmigiano cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Microwave on high for another 3:30 min until hot and bubbly (you might want to place a sheet of parchment on the bottom in case it over-spills).
- Serve immediately.