Grilled Strawberry Nutella Quesadillas, recipe provided below (adapted from Garnish with Lemon)
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- Sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grates and place flour tortillas on grill. Heat for 2-3 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill.
- Spread one tortilla with desired amount of Nutella and top with strawberries. Top with another grilled tortilla and cut into 6 pieces. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with whipped cream, if desired, and serve immediately.
Sinful Chocolate Pizza, recipe provided below (adapted from Cleo Butter A)
- Pizza Dough: (1lb/450g store-bought pizza dough can be substituted or use your favorite pizza dough recipe)*
- 1¾ to 2¼cups All purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1¼ teaspoon instant yeast*
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Toppings: (Feel free to customize your toppings according to your liking)
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips (or finely chopped semisweet chocolate bar)
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips (or finely chopped milk chocolate bar)
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips (or finely chopped white chocolate bar)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (or regular marshmallows cut into eighths)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment (or a large bowl if kneading by hand), place 1¾ cups of the flour, the milk powder, sugar, yeast*, salt and whisk together with a hand whisk or fork. Add in the oil and whisk together until throughly mixed.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually pour in the warm water. Knead together until a smooth and uniform dough starts to form.
- If the dough is still very sticky, gradually add the rest of the flour, one tablespoon at a time until the dough clears the sides on the bowl but sticks to the bottom. You might not need all of it.Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic but not dry. It should still be slightly sticky and feels tacky. Resist the temptation to add too much flour or the crust will be tough.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, and turn it over to get it all covered with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place. Let it rise until doubled in bulk, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- During the last 15 minutes of rising, place the oven rack to the lowest position and turn the oven to 450F/230C.
- Spray a 12inch or 13 inch round pan or a rectangular baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Turn the risen dough onto the pan or baking sheet and spread it evenly with your hand into a 12/13inch circle. (12 inches will yield a thicker pizza, while 13 inches will turn out on the thin side)
- Using the palm of your hand, push the dough to the sides of the pan to create a thicker edge. Using your fingers, make indentation all over the dough, except for the edges.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Bake the dough until slightly crisp and pale golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Immediately, spread the Nutella over the pizza (leaving the edges bare), then sprinkle with the 3 types of chocolate and finishing it off with the marshmallows.
- Place back in the oven, and bake just until the chocolate starts to melt and the marshmallows takes on a golden brown color, 2-3 minutes. Do not bake for too long or the chocolate will harden.
- Cut the pizza into wedges and enjoy right away.
- As with all pizzas, it is best served warm out of the oven while the chocolate is still melty. Chocolate will harden over time, especially in cooler environments. Leftover slices can be warmed up in the microwave.
*Make sure you use 'instant' dry yeast here and not 'active.' Instant yeast is designed to get mixed right away with the dry ingredients without having to activate it in a warm liquid. If you follow the same directions using 'active' yeast, the dough won't rise and you'll end up with a thin, dry crust. If active dry yeast is all you could find, then you're gonna need to dissolve it first in the warm water with a ¼ teaspoon of sugar, before proceeding with step 1 of the recipe.
I used Pakmaya brand for these rolls, but Venoise is another favorite of mine. Just look for the word'instant.'
*To create a warm environment for rising, turn the oven to 200F/93C before working on the dough, then turn off the oven after about 10 minutes. You could now use it as your warm place to rise your dough in. If the oven feels too hot, leave the oven slightly ajar.
Strawberry Nutella Panini, recipe provided below (adapted from Recipe Boy)
2 slices bread (Challah bread preferred!)
1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
2 tablespoons Nutella
1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon powdered sugar mixed with a dash of cinnamon
- Brush the bread with butter.
- Flip the bread over and spread the Nutella on one piece.
- Layer strawberries on top of the Nutella and add the other slice on top (butter-side-up).
- Put the sandwich in your pre-heated panini press for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the sandwich and sift powdered sugar on top.
- Cut in half and eat!