Honey Maple Roasted Carrots, recipe provided below (adapted from The Cafe Sucre Farine)
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced on a long angle into pieces approximately 3 inches long
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- ½ cup pomegranate arils or seeds
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Lightly oil a sheet pan.
- Place carrots on prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup and honey. Sprinkle with coriander, sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat (I like to use my hands for this to get them well coated, but a spatula will work too). Spread carrots out on pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then stir to redistribute. Return to oven and roast for another 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Carrots are finished when they are tender and some of the edges are caramelized.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and herbs over carrots and stir. Taste and season with a bit more sea salt and pepper, if needed.Transfer to a serving bowl and scatter with the pomegranate arils. Serve hot.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn, recipe provided below (adapted from Damn Delicious)
- 3 (15.25-ounces) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into thin slices
- Place corn into a slow cooker. Stir in milk, sugar and pepper until well combined. Without stirring, top with butter and cream cheese. Cover and cook on high heat for 2-3 hours.
- Uncover and stir until butter and cream cheese are well combined. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Loaded Baked Potato Rounds, recipe provided below (adapted from Diet Hood)
- 4 medium sized red potatoes or new potatoes, washed, sliced into thin rounds, about ¼-inch thick (I use a mandolin to cut even rounds)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground peppercorns
- 5 or 6 strips of bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, grease lightly with baking spray and set aside.
- Put the sliced potatoes in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil; cover and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season with sea salt and fresh ground peppercorns.
- Layer the bacon pieces and cheeses on top of each potato slice.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side of sour cream.