No Bake Peppermint White Chocolate Cheesecakes, recipe provide below (adapted from Cooking Classy)
- 12 regular size original Oreos
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 8 Tbsp powdered sugar, divided
- 4 oz white baking chocolate
- 10 oz cream cheese, softened (1 8oz pkg + 2oz)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Red food coloring, optional
- Mini oreos and more white chocolate (optional)
- Candy canes, for decoration
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until finely ground (or you can use a large Ziploc bag and rolling pin, then pour into a mixing bowl and toss with butter), with mixer running slowly pour in melted butter and pulse until evenly coated. Pour about 2 1/2 Tbsp of the Oreo mixture into 6 serving cups and level, set aside.
- Melt white chocolate according to directions listed on package (I did the microwave directions), then allow to cool until just barely lukewarm (keep if fluid though, you don't want it to set at all or you'll get pieces of white chocolate throughout the cheesecake).
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add 3 Tbsp powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form, set aside in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Mix in remaining 5 Tbsp powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp peppermint extract. Stir in cooled white chocolate (at this point if you want to tint half with red food coloring then separate half into another bowl and tint then add half of the whipped cream to each) then fold in whipped cream. Spoon mixture into a piping bag (if doing pink and white, follow directions here). Pipe over oreo layer in cups. Chill in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Garnish with either crushed candy canes, candy canes sticks (you'll only need bottom half of candy canes), or peppermint white chocolate dipped mini Oreos just before serving.
- If doing the peppermint white chocolate dipped Oreos, simply melt some white chocolate or vanila almond bark according to directions on package and dip mini Oreos in melted white chocolate. Transfer to wax paper and sprinkle with crushed candy canes before chocolate sets. Allow to set at room temperature.
Nutella Cheesecake Trifles, recipe provided below (adapted from My Baking Addition)
- 9x9 pan of brownies, baked and cooled completely (use your favorite box mix for a short cut)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- FOR THE GARNISH
- whipped topping, optional
- chocolate sprinkles, optional
- maraschino cherries, optional
- Use a small glass or round biscuit cutter to cut the brownies into circular shapes. You will need 8-12 brownie cut outs depending on the size of your trifle dishes or glasses.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
- Place a brownie at the bottom of each of the trifle dishes or small glasses. Evenly pipe or spoon the filling onto the brownies and repeat layers until you reach the top of the dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate sprinkles, and maraschino cherries.
Strawberry Shortcake Shooter, recipe provided below (adapted from Tablespoon)
- 1 Betty Crocker SuperMoist™ white cake mix, prepared and baked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, finely diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub whipped topping
- 10 small, whole strawberries
- Cut the cake in half, wrap one half very well and store in the freezer for later.
- With the second half of the cake, crumble it into small pieces. Press a small amount of cake into the bottom of 10 small shot glasses.
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar. Spoon a bit of strawberries over the cake layer into the shot glasses.
- Place a second layer of cake just over the strawberry layer. Top with a spoonful of whipped topping. Garnish with a single strawberry atop each shot glass. Serve immediately, or store chill until ready to serve, for up to an hour.
Red Velvet Cupcakes in A Jar, recipe provided below (adapted from My Baking Addiction)
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar (about 3 ¾ cups), sifted
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract*
- For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cupcake wells with paper liners or spray pan with spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together cake flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine oil and sugar until well-blended. Add egg and mix until combined.
- Turn your mixer down to the lowest speed and add vanilla, then slowly add in the food coloring. Note: If you are using liquid food coloring, it will take about 2 tablespoons of coloring to get a dark red shade. I used about 1 tablespoon of gel dye to achieve the shade in the photographs. Add the dye slowly and color according to your preference.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk in two batches; scrape down the side of the bowl. Continue mixing until just combined, taking care not to over mix.
- Place baking soda in a small dish, stir in vinegar and add to batter with the machine running. Beat for about 10 seconds.
- Using a medium scoop (about 3 tablespoons), divide batter between the 12 wells, filling each well about 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese and butter until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the confectioners’ sugar until thoroughly incorporated and smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- To Assembly in Jars:
- Slice cupcakes horizontally to create layers. Each cupcake will yield 2-3 layers depending on how thick you want your layers to be.
- Place one cupcake layer into the bottom of your jar, pipe a layer of cream cheese frosting directly onto the cake layer. Repeat the layering process until you reach the top of your jar. If desired, garnish with festive sprinkles or red velvet cake crumbs.
S'mores Mousse with Marshmallow Whipped Cream, recipe provided below (adapted from Chef Savvy)
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup graham crackers, crushed
- ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate Mousse
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used squares chocolate chips can be substituted)
- Marshmallow whipped cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup marshmallows
- Graham Cracker Crust: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until combined and the texture is similar to wet sand. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Chocolate Mousse
- Add egg yolks to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. On the highest speed whisk yolks until they thicken. Takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ cup heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Do not boil just warm up the milk.
- Add a splash of the warm milk to the egg mixture and stir gently. We are shocking the eggs so they do not get too hot and scramble.
- Next add the egg mixture with the rest of the milk into the sauce pan.
- Cook mixture until thick, 2 minutes.
- Add in chocolate and stir until melted and take off of the heat.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining ½ cup of heavy cream to the stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk until cream forms soft peaks. Very carefully fold the whipped heavy cream into the chocolate mixture. Place in the refrigerator until ready to assemble S'mores Mousse.
- Marshmallow whipped cream
- Add heavy cream to a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk until cream forms soft peaks.
- Add in sugar and vanilla whisk to combine.
- Fold in marshmallows by hand.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble:
- Layer about 1-2 tablespoons (depending on the container you are using) of graham cracker crust in the bottom of your glass or ramekin. Press down.
- Divide mousse evenly in each container. Refrigerate for at least two hours to let the mousse set.
- When ready to serve top with Marshmallow whipped cream and serve immediately.
Over the Top Chocolate Cheesecake Oreo Parfaits, recipe provided below (adapted from The First Year Blog)
- 1 & 1/2 sleeves of oreos, crushed for the bottom of the parfaits
- 1 handful of mini marshmallows per parfait
- cool whip, to top each parfait
- oreo, to top each parfait
- Oreo Fluff
- 1 box white chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 sleeve crushed oreos
- 1/2 container cool whip
- Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- Crush 2 & 1/2 sleeves of Oreos. I like to stick the oreos in a ziploc bag and crush them using my rolling pin, they don’t necessarily have to be oreo crumbs, but not large chunks. Set aside.
- To make Oreo fluff:
- Combine 1 box of white chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups of milk. Beat using an electric mixture until smooth and combined with pudding.
- Allow the pudding to set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once set, take half of the crushed oreos and half a container of cool whip and mix them into the white chocolate pudding until combined. Return the oreo fluff to the fridge until needed.
- To make the chocolate cheesecake:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir occasionally, until the chips are melted and smooth. This may take up to 10 minutes, but keep the heat on low or a little higher than low.
- Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is cool, combine the melted chocolate and softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
- To assemble the parfaits:
- Put 3 tbsp of oreo crumbs in the bottom of each parfait glass. Place a handful of mini marshmallows on top of the oreo layer. Next, add about 3 spoonfuls of oreo fluff to each glass, use the spoon to smooth the oreo fluff into an even layer. On top of the oreo fluff add a layer of chocolate cheesecake filling, using about 3 spoonfuls, then use the spoon to smooth the cheesecake filling into an even layer. Top the parfaits with cool whip. I like to transfer the cool whip into a piping bag and pipe the cool whip on top of each parfait. Top each parfait with an oreo.
- Serve and enjoy!