With Father's Day right around the corner, it's time to start preparing for the perfect day. Below are some easy D.I.Y. treats and gift ideas that will impress dad!
Easy Burger Cupcakes Recipe, the how to is below (adopted by http://millionmoments.net/2014/01/adorable-cupcake-burgers-recipe.html)
What You Need:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 or 6 eggs (depends on your cake mix instructions)
- red and green icing (and yellow if you want to make cheese!)
- large muffin tin
- cupcake liners
What to do:
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees
- Mix up each cake as instructed on the box.
- Drop *tiny* spoon fulls (almost teaspoon size) into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees until you are out of batter
hey will look like this when you pull them out:
- Flatten out your cupcake liners.
- Place one yellow cake "bun" on each
- Top each of those with chocolate
If your "burgers" have too much of a rise on top just slice off a little so that your top bun will lay flat.
- Grab your colored icing. (if it isn't a squirt able kind you will need to get a piping bag and tip.)
- Pipe on a layer of green icing to look like lettuce.
- Add a thin swirl of red on top as ketchup.
- Pop on another yellow cake bun.
- Stick a toothpick in to keep everything in place.
Father's Day Gift Idea
Have you been searching for the best father's day present? Here's an easy DIY for him! Not only is this gift creative but it looks great at home and in the office.
Memory Photo Flower Pot, the how to is below (adopted by http://www.ehow.com/info_12340465_diy-personalized-photo-gifts.html?utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=inline&utm_campaign=fanpage&crlt.pid=camp.GWyg2vmjhG4A)
Things you'll need:
- Terracotta Flower Pot
- Spray Paint
- Newspaper (optional)
- Decoupage Glue/Sealer
- Foam Brush
- Decorative Ribbon
- Glue Gun
Paint your flower pot using a thin coat of spray paint. Allow 30 minutes of drying time and paint a second coat. Continue applying thin coats until the entire pot is covered inside and outside.
Depending on the size of your flower pot, you may need to trim photos to fit. The measurement doesn't need to be exact; you can determine the size by simply holding the photos up to the flower pot. Once you have determined the size, cut all of your photos to the same size.
Turn your flower pot upside down to allow easier access to the hard-to-reach area below the top rim of the flower pot. Apply a thin coat of decoupage glue to the back of your photo.
Place your photo on the flower pot -- make sure you place it upside down so it will be in the correct position when you turn the flower pot upright. Continue gluing your photos around the entire flower pot. Allow the photos to dry for at least 20 minutes.
Turn your pot upright and apply a thin layer of decoupage glue to the top of the photos. Use a wet cloth to wipe off any excess glue. Allow the glue to dry for 30 minutes and apply a second thin layer to the top. Allow the glue to dry for two hours.
Use a glue gun to add decorative ribbon on the top and bottom edges of the photos, placing a dollop of hot glue every inch or so to secure the ribbon. The ribbon will cover up any unevenness along the edges of the photos.
Fill the flower pot with your favorite flowers. If you are shipping the flower pot as a gift, you can fill it with seed packets and gardening gloves instead of a live plant.
Enjoy your Father's Day