What to Pack for the Beach
What is better than going to the beach during the summer? Below you will find our tips for the perfect summer beach bag and snacks!
What to Pack in the Ultimate Beach Bag
The what to pack is below (adapted from Fun Jet Insider)
here are a few beach essentials you should pack along with you when you lounge, play and swim in paradise. Here are some favorite goodies to throw in your beach bag:
- Sunscreen (Make sure to reapply throughout the day!)
- Beach towels
- Lip balm with SPF
- Swimsuit cover-up (For when you want to hit the snack bar.)
- A book or e-reader
- Phone (Tip: put it in a plastic zip-top bag to protect it from the sand - you can even continue using it through the plastic!)
- Camera - capture all the beautiful moments of your escape!
- Baby powder - it gets the sand off your hands without the water.
Roast Beef Pinwheels, recipe provided below (adapted from Family Circle)
- Regular wrap
- 2 tablespoons light horseradish mayonnaise
- 6 slices of deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- Directions (makes 12 pinwheels)
- Spread wrap with light horseradish mayonnaise. Top with roast beef and baby spinach.
- Starting with a short end, roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate.
- Cut into 3/4-inch slices to serve.
Hummus with Parmesan Pita Chips, recipe provided below (adapted from Family Circle)
- 5- 4.5 -inch whole-wheat pitas, split open and each side cut into fourths
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinse
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pita pieces on rimmed baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and divide Parmesan cheese over pitas; return to oven for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, combine chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, cumin and salt in a food processor bowl. Process until a smooth paste forms. Spread chickpea mixture into a serving bowl; stir in spinach. Serve with warm pita chips.
Choco-Cherry Crispy Treats, recipe provided below (adapted from Family Circle )
- 6 cups chocolate-flavored crisped rice cereal (such as Cocoa Krispies)
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1, 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine cereal and cherries in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cocoa powder and the marshmallows and stir until completely melted, about 3 minutes. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat completely. Spoon cereal mixture into prepared baking dish and, using a spatula or your hands coated with nonstick cooking spray, press mixture evenly into dish. Let cool, then cut into 2-inch squares. Place each square in a cellophane bag and tie with ribbon.
Grab your beach bag and get ready for some fun in the sun!