Everyone is still on their health kicks but sometimes halfway through the summer it's hard to stick with it. Why not try something new? Here are some easy and delicious lunchboxes you can make at home to bring to work!
Avocado Chicken Salad Lunchbox how to below, (adapted from http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/05/healthy-avocado-chicken-salad.html)
2 cups shredded chicken
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp fresh cilantro
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes to let all those yummy flavors blend together.
2. Put on your favorite bread, crackers, pita pocket or on a bed of lettuce.
3. Add to your lunchbox raspberries, chips, cherry tomatoes and a piece of chocolate!
Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Cup Lunchbox how to below, (adapted from http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/asian-chicken-salad-lettuce-cups/ac3b6aac-100c-4c69-85c2-eed16f87a146)
24 Servings, 15 Minute Time Prep
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 4 medium green onions, diagonally sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spicy peanut sauce (from 7-oz bottle)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 small (about 3 inch) Bibb lettuce leaves (about 1 1/2 heads), breaking larger leaves into smaller size
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 1 Orange
- 1 Fiber One Oatmeal Raisin Bar
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except lettuce and peanuts.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Add bowl of chicken mixture, 5 Bibb lettuce leaves, orange, and Fiber One bar to lunchbox
Get to Cooking!
Cool Ranch Crockpot Chicken Wrap how to below (adapted from http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2012/05/cool-ranch-crockpot-chicken-tacos-or-tostadas.html)
Serves 4-6 People
Here is what you need:
- 4 chicken breast (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of ranch dressing
- 14 ounces of chicken broth
- Tortilla wraps
- Handful of blueberries
- Mini Wholly Guacamole
- Granola Bar
What to Do:
- Put chicken breasts, taco & ranch mixes and chicken broth in crock pot.
- Set crock pot on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Replace lid and continue cooking on low for 30 more minutes.
- Add shredded chicken to cooked beans, and corn with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes and mix.
- Put mix on wrap and fold.
- Put wrap into lunch box.
- Pack the blueberries, Wholly Guacamole and granola bar in the lunchbox.