National Peanut Butter Day
No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake, recipe provided below (adapted from Cincy Shopper)
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 5 tbsp melted Butter
- 24 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Whipped Topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 30 Reese's Miniatures cut in quarters
- Put cut Reese's cups in freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Crush Oreos in food processor and add melted butter.
- Press mixture into bottom and partway up sides of springform pan.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to firm.
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and peanut butter until well mixed.
- Fold in whipped topping until uniformly blended.
- Fold in half of frozen Reese's.
- Pour/spread into pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from springform pan and top with remaining Reese's.
- You can also drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
Rice Krispie & Peanut Butter Cup Brownies, recipe provided below (adapted from Love & Olive Oil)
- For Brownie Base:
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder or 2 tablespoons brewed coffee (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 full-sized peanut butter cups, chopped, or 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- For Crispie Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on high power for 60 to 90 seconds, stirring every 10 to 15 seconds to prevent scorching. When chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stir in sugar and brown sugar. Batter may seem grainy, that's ok.
- Add the coffee or espresso powder and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs until incorporated. Sprinkle the flour over top and fold until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips then pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until brownies are mostly done. Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips over top, then return to oven and bake for 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to prepare topping, combine 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on high power for 1 minute, stirring every 10 to 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add rice cereal and toss to coat. Spread cereal mixture in a smooth layer on top of brownies, then cover and refrigerate for at least 90 minutes or overnight, or until topping is cooled and set before slicing and serving. Brownies will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Bark, recipe provided below (adapted from Love & Olive Oil)
- 8 ounces good quality, dark chocolate, very finely chopped
- 6 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups
- In a microwave, double boiler, or chocolate melter, gently melt chocolate on the lowest possible heat setting. Stir regularly, removing from heat as needed. The goal here is to keep the temperature under 90 degrees, above which the chocolate will lose its temper. Be patient, keep stirring, and even with on and off low heat the chocolate will melt eventually.
- Meanwhile, melt peanut butter chips in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving on medium power in 20 second intervals, stirring until melted. If this mixture seems too thick, stir in a teaspoon or two of vegetable oil or shortening to thin it out.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread into an even layer (it will not cover the entire pan, just spread it until it's as thick as you want your final bark to be). Dollop lines of melted peanut butter chips on top of chocolate. Run a toothpick or skewer through the two kinds of chocolate in a circular motion to form decorative swirls.
- Sprinkle evenly with peanut butter cups. Let sit, uncovered at room temperature, for 1 to 2 hours or until set. Break or cut into serving size pieces.
KISSES Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe, recipe provided below (adapted from Hershey)
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling(optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, if desired; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
No Churn Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream, recipe provided below (adapted from Cincy Shopper)
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 40 Reese's Miniatures
- Place Reese's in freezer for to minutes to harden.
- Add cocoa powder to sweetened condensed milk ans stir until dissolved.
- Heat peanut butter in microwave for 20 seconds to melt, then stir and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in condensed milk mixture until blended.
- Unwrap and cut candies in quarters.
- Fold 2/3 of the candy into the mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of this mixture into a loaf pan then drizzle with melted peanut butter.
- Repeat this for two more layers.
- Take a knife and run through pan to swirl mixture.
- Top with remaining candy pieces.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.