Gourmet Cupcakes Galore
Ultimate Salted Caramel Cupcakes, a portion of the recipe provided below for the full recipe visit Baker By Nature
- For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (be sure NOT to pack your flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus one large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup boiling hot water (should be very hot, and poured into measuring cup right after boiled)
- 1/2 cup thick, creamy caramel sauce (see post for references), optional
- For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 and 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup liquid caramel sauce, for drizzling, optional (see post for references)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 6 chewy caramel candies, cut in half (see post for references)
Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes, recipe provided below (adapted from Passion For Savings)
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix (+ Box Ingredients)
- 32 unwrapped Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to box directions.
- Fill liners about ½ full with batter.
- Place a Reese's into each and gently press in place.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Slowly adding in the sugar,it gets too thick then adding a little milk to thin.
- Continue until all of the sugar is in and the frosting blended and right consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag and pipe onto each cupcake.
- Chop up remaining peanut butter cups or use chocolate syrup to garnish cupcakes.
Nutella Cupcakes, a portion of the recipe provided below for the full recipe visit Life, Love, and Sugar
- 1 2/3 cups (217g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (168g) salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (160g) Nutella
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- Nutella Icing
- 1/2 cup (112g) salted butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) shortening
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (160g) Nutella
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- Additional Nutella, for garnish
- 5-6 strawberries, sliced for garnish, if desired
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes, a portion of the recipe provided below, for the full recipe visit Confessions of a Cook Book Queen
- 1 box (roughly 18 oz) French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, for garnish