Cheesy Breakfast Stuffing Cakes, recipe provided below (adapted from Well Plated)
- For the Stuffing Cakes
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella, cheddar, or similar melty cheese
- To Cook and Serve:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: cooked bacon; Canadian bacon or ham; leftover gravy; hollandaise sauce; sautéed spinach or mushrooms; chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, parsley, or chives
- Place the stuffing in a large bowl, gently breaking up any large clumps. Add the egg and stir to combine, making sure that all of the stuffing is evenly moistened. Stir in the cheese.
- Portion 1/3 cup of the stuffing mixture into your hands and shape into a patty that is about 3 inches wide and 1/2-inch thick. Repeat for remaining mixture. You will have about 5 patties total.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Gently fry the cakes on each side until the patties are lightly crisp on the outside and warmed through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the cakes to a paper towel-lined plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you prepare the eggs.
- With a paper towel, lightly and carefully wipe the skillet clean, then heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in the skillet. Fry the eggs until the yolk is nearly set, about 2 minutes per egg. Top the cakes with any desired add-ons (bacon, sautéed spinach, gravy, etc.), a fried egg, salt and pepper. Enjoy immediately.
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pesto Panini, recipe provided below (adapted from Damn Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 loaf of French bread, cut into
- 3-4 equal pieces
- 1/2 cup pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 4-8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 2 cups chopped leftover Thanksgiving turkey
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over 1 side of French bread and top with mozzarella, turkey, tomatoes, avocado and top half of bread. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Add sandwich to pan and grill until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Waffled Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwiches, a portion of the recipe provided below. For the full recipe visit Neighbor Food Blog.
- For the waffles:
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cups lukewarm buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the sandwiches:
- Leftover sliced turkey
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
Thanksgiving Breakfast Hash with Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes, a portion of the recipe provided below. For the full recipe visit How Sweet Treats.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 cups of leftover stuffing
- one recipe of mashed potato pancakes + 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- 3-4 eggs
- fresh parsley for topping
- Any additional breakfast ingredients you wish (such as bacon/onions, if it’s not in your stuffing or apples to caramelize or even corn!)