Creative Peanut Butter & Jelly: Breakfast Edition
Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed Pancakes, recipe provided below (adapted from Recipe Runner)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4-1/3 cup jelly/jam of choice
- Chopped honey roasted peanuts, more peanut butter, and maple syrup for topping the pancakes
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, egg white, honey and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Heat up an electric griddle according to manufacturers instructions.
- Scoop approximately 3 tablespoons of the pancake batter onto the hot griddle.
- When bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, spoon about a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of jelly onto the center of the pancake.
- Cover the peanut butter and jelly with another tablespoon of the pancake batter then flip the pancake over and cook until done.
- Repeat the process with the remaining pancake batter, peanut butter and jelly.
- Top the pancakes with more peanut butter and jelly, chopped peanuts, and maple syrup if desired.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats, recipe provided below (adapted from The Nutritionist Review)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter powder (or peanut butter)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Strawberry Filling: 1/4 cup strawberries, diced (or frozen)
- Peanut butter to top
- Mix all ingredients together for peanut butter oats.
- Microwave strawberries for one minute and mash with a fork.
- In a small jar, layer strawberry filling and peanut butter oats.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours or overnight. Enjoy cold!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars, recipe provided below (adapted from Culinary Hill)
- 1 cup or 226 grams unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) container creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) container strawberry jam or other jam
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9” x 13” pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy (use a standing mixer if desired). Add vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and stir until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture in batches, stirring after each addition.
- Pour 2/3 batter into pan. Spread evenly with a spatula. Pour jam on top and spread evenly over batter.
- Drop remaining batter in pieces onto the jelly layer. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.