Hot Chocolate Desserts
S'mores Mousse with Marshmallow Whipped Cream, a portion of the recipe provided below. For the full recipe visit Chef Savvy.
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup graham crackers, crushed
- ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Chocolate Mousse
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (I used squares chocolate chips can be substituted)
- Marshmallow whipped cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup marshmallows
Cocoa Cupcakes, recipe provided below (adapted from Momtastic Food)
- Oil or butter: ½ cup
- Cocoa: ¼ cup
- Cake flour: 1¼ cup
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Eggs: 2
- Hot chocolate mix: ½ cup + ¼ cup
- Sugar: ¼ cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- Cream cheese: 8 oz.
- Marshmallow cream: 7-8 oz.
- Confectioner's sugar: ½ cup
- Mini marshmallows: for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine together the oil, cocoa, cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, eggs, hot chocolate mix, sugar, and milk. Mix together with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into cupcake wrappers; fill each wrapper about ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, mix together the cream cheese, marshmallow cream, confectioner's sugar, and hot chocolate mix with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Place the mixture into a pastry bag with your favorite decorator tip on the end of the bag. Decorate the cupcakes by swirling the icing from the outside into the center.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with mini marshmallows.
- Cut paper straws in half and insert a ½ straw into each cupcake.
Hot Chocolate Cookies, recipe provided below (adapted from Like Mother Like Daughter)
- ½ cup butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24-25 large marshmallows
- 1 large chocolate bar
- Melt together your butter and chocolate chips in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Allow chocolate to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients (Your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together your brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add your slightly cooled, melted chocolate mixture to your egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients while stirring until mixed.
- Cover your bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours (The dough is like a thick cake batter before refrigerated, so you'll need it to firm up a good amount).
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll your dough into 1½ -2 inch cookie dough balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies start to crack.
- Meanwhile, cut your marshmallows in half and cut your chocolate into ½ inch pieces (I cut each piece from the bar into 3 pieces)
- Remove from oven and top each cookie with a piece of chocolate and marshmallow and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over the top of your marshmallows if desired.