Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, recipe provided below (adapted from Cafe Delites )
- ½ cup light butter (or your spread of choice), softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup natural sweetener (or your sugar of choice: white, coconut, raw, castor, etc)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour (light spelt)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup nutella, melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread!)
- Preheat oven to 175c | 350° F. Line a 9" cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sweetener/sugar and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy. Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in half the chocolate chips and spoon ½ the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Melt the nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds OR over stove top in a heat-proof dish over a pot of boiling water until it becomes thinner in consistency.
- Pour the nutella over the cookie dough in the skillet evenly to 1-inch of the edges. Top with remaining cookie dough, smoothing the layer with the back of a metal spoon (and your fingers if you need to). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes for a gooey cookie, or cover after 30 minutes with aluminium foil and bake for a further 10 minutes for a 'set' cookie. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Thin Mint Brownie, recipe provided below (adapted from My Baking Addiction)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into large cubes
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 Thin Mint Cookies, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter on medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar and add in eggs, extracts and salt; mixing until thoroughly combined. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Thin Mint Cookies and cover with remaining 1/2 of brownie batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake.
- Remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- If desired, top with Hot Fudge Sauce and a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Nutella Fudge Brownies, recipe provided below (adapted from Life, Love, & Sugar)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 14 – ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
Directions to make the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9×9 baking pan.
- Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in another medium sized bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Directions to make the Fudge:
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, chocolate chips and Nutella in a metal or glass bowl. Set the bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir mixture until everything is melted and smooth, then spread evenly over the brownies.
- Set brownies in refrigerator to set.
- Once set, add chocolate chips and shortening for topping to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 15 second increments until the chocolate and shortening are melted and smooth.
- Spread chocolate into an even layer over the fudge.
- The chocolate should cool quickly and become firm. Cut into bars.
Oreo Chocolate Cupcakes, recipe provided below (adapted from Life, Love & Sugar)
Ingredients for the Chocolate Cupcake:
- 3/4 cups (155g) sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (84g), room temp
- 6 tbsp (90ml) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (47g) cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp (90ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30ml ) water
- 1/2 cup (112g) butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) shortening
- 3 1/2 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 tbsp (60-75ml) water or milk
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs (about 10 Oreos)
- 12-14 Oreos, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add egg whites in two batches, mixing until well combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all is incorporated.
- Combine dry ingredients in another bowl, then combine milk and water in another bowl.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well combined. Add the milk mixture and mix until well combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about halfway. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and shortening together until smooth.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of water or milk and beat until smooth.
- Add Oreo crumbs and mix until combined.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add another 2-3 tablespoons of water or milk, as needed, and beating until smooth and a nice consistency for piping.
- To decorate the cupcakes, fit a piping bag with a large round piping tip (I use Ateco tip #808) and pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Finish cupcakes off with an Oreo.