What better way to eat clean than with a little help from us with a clean eating food shopping list! & a healthy recipe to go with it!
- Apples to keep the doctor away!
- Bananas make a perfect strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast, lunch, or even a post workout refresher!
- Carrots are perfect to snack on
- Dark leafy green vegetables ( from kale all the way to spinach! )
- Sweet Potatoes
- Bell Peppers
- Garlic ( to add a little flavor to healthy dishes )
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Chicken Breasts
- Wild Caught Salmon
- Brown Rice
- Whole Wheat Pasta
(We'll let you in on a little secret! walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, and chia seeds are all perfect to snack on)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked and chilled quinoa (*see instructions here for how to cook quinoa)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp. soy sauce, or more to taste
- 2 tsp. oyster sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
Add an additional 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, onion, peas and garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion and carrots are soft. Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and stir until melted. Immediately add the cooked quinoa, green onions, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using), and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine. Add the sesame oil, stir to combine, and remove from heat.