- 1 bunch of asparagus, on the thin side but thick enough to cut in half lengthwise.
- 1 cup fresh peas, or frozen and defrosted
- ½ cup of cooked and prepped fava beans, you could use frozen defrosted lima beans
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium raw zucchini made into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, (no seeds)
- ½ bunch of red leaf lettuce chopped bite size and a generous handful of arugula mixed together or combination of salad greens of your choice
- 4 oz. of chevre goat cheese, I used the one with honey
- the zest of one lemon, you can cut up a few slices for garnish after
- ½ cup of toasted hazelnuts, slightly cracked open
- shaved Parmigiano Reggiano for top of salad
- extra lemons for dressing
- olive oil
- Roast your asparagus on a sheet pan drizzled with olive oil for maybe 5 or 10 minutes on 375 just until the raw taste is gone, you don't want limp asparagus they should still have a good bite to them, so keep checking. Cool them off and them slice them lengthwise.
- Make a lemon and olive oil dressing using 2 parts fresh lemon juice to 4 parts olive oil.
- In a bowl mash up your goat cheese and loosen it up with 2 tablespoons of the lemon dressing.
- Gently toss and coat sliced asparagus into the mixture, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large platter assemble the greens, peas, fava beans, radishes, zucchini ribbons all over ending with the goat cheese coated asparagus on top.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts all around.
- Spoon lemon dressing all around, as much as you think you need.
- Add shavings of Parmiggiano Reggiano on top.
- Garnish with a few lemon slices.
- 6-8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 -1½ cups berries of choice (I used ⅓ cup each blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries - strawberries are great too)
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles (OR feta cheese crumbles)
- ⅓ cup shelled Diamond of California Pistachios
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen berries of choice (I used a combination of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup cold water
- To make the dressing, pulse all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve the salad, in a large bowl toss together spinach, berries, red onions, cheese crumbles, and pistachios. Serve with prepared dressing.
- 1 (1-lb) package frozen edamame
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon or honey mustard
- ⅛ tsp. onion salt
- ½ tsp. salt (or more, for taste)
- pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and boil on high heat. Add frozen edamame and cook for 3 minutes. Add frozen corn and cook for 2 minutes. Drain water from vegetables and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine beans, onions, cilantro and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, mustard, salts and pepper. Pour over vegetables and beans. Toss to combine.
- Add in cooled edamame and corn. Toss together. Can serve right away or place in fridge until cooled and flavors blend. Enjoy!