Lets Get Fruity!
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Slice up your watermelon into round, circle slices. Slice each watermelon round into 4 triangular slices. Top the watermelon triangles with a few of the sliced strawberries, sliced banana, and blueberries. (Feel free to add other fruits of your choice to top your 'pizza' with!)
- It's that fast to make - it's all ready to be served, eaten, & enjoyed. So easy even the kids can do it!
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and toss lightly to distribute the lime juice and zest evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- About 2 kiwis
- 1 cup strawberry halves
- 1 cup roughly chopped mango
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup roughly chopped watermelon
- 1 cup rough chopped pineapple
1. Working with one fruit at a time, puree in a small food processor. Rinse the machine out between fruits.
2. Carefully spoon a layer of fruit at the bottom of each popsicle mold. Gently rap the mold on a firm surface to level the puree. Freeze until solid.
3. Spoon another layer of fruit in each mold and stand a stick upright in each. Force it down gently into the frozen bottom layer so it will stand up straight. You are not going to use the plastic top for this recipe, just leave it off. Again firmly tap the mold down on the counter to level the puree and freeze again until the second layer is solid. (The freezing time between layers will vary with your freezer temp, but it might take 45 minutes or so.)
4. Continue on until you have filled the molds. If any of the purees are a little too thick to work with, stir in a little water. Clean up any spilled puree from the insides of the molds as you go so they won't mar your design, just scrape the drips down with a popsicle stick.
5. To un-mold, fill your sink with hot tap water, and hold the mold in the water, just up to, but not over the top edge, for a few seconds. If the popsicles don't slide out, hold the mold in the water a little longer.