Summer time is usually everyone’s favorite time of the year, especially if we’ve had a long freezing winter. And though we love soaking up the sun at the beach, there is something about summer nights that is just so magical. Perhaps it’s the calm weather, or the brightness of the stars, whatever it is we know it goes perfectly with a refreshing brew. Mojitos, margaritas, mimosas, and so many more come to mind when we think of summer time drinks. But, don’t be fooled day drinking is a hell of a great time too! Make some fun fruity concoctions, and sit on a rooftop to gaze at the stillness of the sky over laughs with your special someone. However you choose to enjoy your cocktails is up to you, but allow us to give you a couple of suggestions on the mix.
Planning a picnic? These fruit infused champagne popsicles are a super fun way to add a little bubbly to your picnic in the park. Easy to make at home, and totally stimulating to your taste buds. And if you’re a watermelon lover the way we are, the firecracker is your best friend! A medley of watermelon and cucumber flavors to give you a fresh and pleasant experience.
Raspberry Mojito, recipe provided below (adapted from Ebay)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces of white rum
- 1 cup sparkling water
- For each drink: In a highball glass, use a muddler to crush 2 tablespoons of raspberries, 1 lime slice, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 3 mint leaves.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add the rum and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour the rum into the glass and top with 1/4 cup sparkling water and approximately 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Garnish with additional raspberries, mint sprigs and lime wedges if desired.
Champagne Popsicles, recipe provided below (adapted from Barefoot Wine)
- 3/4 cup Barefoot Bubbly Berry Fusion
- 3/4 cup Barefoot Bubbly Extra Dry Champagne
- 8-10 oz of mixed berries, apples and pomegranate arils (any of your favorite fruits!)
- Fill half of popsicles molds half way up with Barefoot Bubbly Berry Fusion and the other popsicle molds half way up with Barefoot Bubbly Extra Dry Champagne
- Layer each well with a variety of fruit
- Cover top of popsicle mold with foil
- Create a hole in the center of each just large enough to insert a popsicle stick; insert popsicle stick
- Transfer to freezer and chill until frozen solid, about 2-4 hours
Firecracker, recipe provided below (adapted from Creative Culinary)
- 4 oz Prairie Cucumber Vodka
- 4 (1-inch) cubes of seedless watermelon
- 2 limes, diced
- 2 oz simple syrup (Boil 1/4 cup water and sugar just until sugar dissolves. Add 1/4 cup ice to cool - refrigerate leftovers)
- To Garnish:
- Lime Rim (equal amounts salt and sugar combined with some fresh grated lime)
- 2 Watermelon Slices
- 2 cucumber slices
- 2 small mint sprigs
- Combine vodka, watermelon and lime in a cocktail shaker. Muddle all ingredients well. Add simple syrup, fill with ice, cover and shake until ice cold.
- Rim the glasses with a cut lime and dip in the lime rim mixture.
- Fill the glasses with ice and pour the ingredients from the shaker into the glasses.
- Garnish with a watermelon slice, a cucumber slice and a mint sprig.