Red Velvet Crepes filled with Chocolate Whipped Cream, a portion of the recipe provided below. For the full recipe visit Taste of Izzy T.
Ingredients for the Red Velvet Crepes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup water
- 2-3 teaspoons liquid red food color
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries sliced
- Chocolate sauce to drizzle on top (optional)
Heart-Shaped Egg, recipe provided below (adapted from Our Mini Family)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 egg
- Butter or margarine
- 1 piece of toast
- Wash some cherry tomatoes and arugula. It's important to rinse your vegetables! Set aside to let them dry.
- Grab your heart-shaped egg ring and wash it. Coat the edges with a small amount of butter or margarine (or light oil) as to help prevent the egg from sticking to it.
- On the stovetop, grab a medium sized nonstick pan and turn on medium-low heat. If not using a nonstick pan, spray pan with nonstick spray or other means.
- Lay your heart-shaped egg ring in the center of the pan. Allow it to get warm for a minute before cracking the egg inside.
- Grab 1 egg, and crack it over the heart-shaped egg ring. Before it begins to cook, you can gently use a spoon and tilt your pan to adjust and get the yolk in the center if you are OCD like me!
- While it cooks, grab a piece of your favorite toast, and lightly toast it in your toaster or conventional oven.
- Chop up some cherry tomatoes and arugula. When toast is done, place it onto a plate and layer the toast with some cherry tomatoes and arugula.
- When the egg is fully cooked to your liking, sprinkle it with some seasonings as you desire (e.g. fresh ground pepper).
- Using a spatula and 2 hands, gently glide the spatula under the entirety heart-egg ring and simultaneously lift. This will ensure that the egg makes it from the pan to the plate safety!
- When hovering over your cherry tomato and arugula covered toast, bring the egg right on top and remove the spatula. If the egg didn't stick to the egg ring it should just drop for you. If not, you can use a fork or knife and try to gently pry it from the sides (this admittedly took me a few tries to get it right).
Nutella French Toast with Strawberries, a portion of the recipe provided below. For the full recipe visit Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 slices of bread (I used Italian)
- About 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- butter (for the pan)
- Powdered sugar for serving
White Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes, recipe provided below (adapted from Mariah's Pleasing Plates)
- 1 ½ Cups Cake Flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt (Vanilla or Plain)
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup Fresh Raspberries
- ⅓ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Heart Shaped Metal Cookie Cutter (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, vanilla extract, greek yogurt, and egg. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Fold in raspberries and white chocolate. Preheat skillet on medium high heat and spray with non stick cooking spray (or a tablespoon of melted butter). If you are using cookie cutter, spray the inside of the heart shaped cookie cutter as well. Place the heart shaped cookie cutter onto skillet and ladle in about ¼ cup of batter (depending on the size of your heart). When bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake it is ready to flip. Remove the cookie cutter very carefully and flip pancake to the other side and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Top with butter and maple syrup, serve immediately.