The Pizza Day Challenge: Breakfast Edition
Mixed Berry Breakfast Pizza, a portion of the recipe provided below. For the full recipe visit Tidy Mom.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups mixed fresh berries (i used raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 flat bread rounds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Egg, Asparagus, Bacon, and Avocado Breakfast Pizza, recipe provided below (adapted from B. Britnell)
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of cheese ( I used Gruyere)
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 3 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 asparagus tips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 an avocado, thinly sliced
- small handful of chopped fresh parsley and/ or basil
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Prepare crust and flatten it on a greased pan or pizza stone. Pinch the edges of the crust to make edges.
- Spread the sauce over the crust and top with the cherry tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove pizza and top with bacon, asparagus, and the two raw eggs.
- Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes until the eggs are set and the crust is golden brown.
- Top with avocado and herbs and ENJOY!
Dutch Pancake Pizza with Lemon Curd and Blueberries, recipe provided below (adapted from Closet Cooking)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, warm
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered/confectioners sugar
- Place the butter in a large (10 inch) oven safe skillet, place in a preheated 425F/220C oven until the butter melts, about 30 seconds, before pouring in the mixture of the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt and returning to the oven to bake until puffed and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool until the puffing goes down before filling with the lemon curd and blueberries and sprinkling on the powdered sugar and divining to serve.