Shark Week Celebrations!
Shark Week is FINALLY here and this annual television showing calls for a celebration! Below are some fun ways to celebrate.
Shark Week: Life Preserver Doughnuts, recipe provided below (adapted from Not Your Mama's Cookie)
- 1 can refrigerated large biscuits (8 per can)
- Vegetable Oil
- ½ can of white frosting (NOT whipped frosting)
- Red food coloring
- Small paintbrush
- Cookie cutter with jagged edges (or a sharp knife)
- Place about 1½ to 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Heat to approximately 325 to 350 degrees.
- While oil is warming, remove biscuits from can and peel apart. Using a small, round cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each biscuit (save the middles and fry them to make doughnut holes!).
- When oil is ready,gently place 2-3 doughnuts at a time in oil until lightly browned on each side (watch out – they cook fast!). Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain when done.
- Put ½ can of white frosting in a microwavable bowl. Microwave frosting for 10-15 seconds, or until the consistency of a thick glaze. Dip doughnuts into glaze and set on paper towels to harden slightly.
- Dye leftover, melted frosting red with food coloring. Paint four red stripes into doughnuts to look like a life preserver. Let frosting harden slightly.
- Using a cookie cutter or sharp knife (I used a porcupine cutter), cut out a chunk of the doughnut so it looks like a shark bite.
Shark Week Hat
Instructions provided by http://blog.modcloth.com/2014/07/29/shark-hat-diy/
Our favorite Shark shows!
- Ninja Sharks: premiering on Wednesday, July 8th at 10/9c
- Shark Planet: premiering on Thursday, July 9th at 9/8c
- Shark Island: premiering on Sunday, July 12th at 8/7c