Sizzling Summer Sips
Blueberry Mojito, recipe provided below (adapted from Baking Beauty)
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries, (Set aside a few for garnish if desired)
- 4 Ounces Rum
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 6 Ounces Club Soda
- Ice Cubes
- Blend or muddle blueberries until smooth. Set aside.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon to blend in mint leaves and sugar.
- Stir in rum, lime juice, and blueberry mixture.
- Pour over club soda & ice. Gently stir.
- Garnish with extra blueberries,lime, and mint if desired.
Mixed Berry Sangria, recipe provided below (adapted from Gal on a Mission)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and washed
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries, washed
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries, washed
- 2 bottles white wine
- ½ cup ginger ale
- Add your fresh mixed berries to a large pitcher, pour in the wine and allow the mixture to sit in the overnight for 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Before serving, mix in the ginger ale.
Spiked Watermelon Lemonade, recipe provided below (adapted from Julie's Eats and Treats)
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 (12 oz) can frozen lemonade
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups vodka
- garnish: watermelon and lemon
- Add the watermelon and frozen lemonade to a blender.
- Blend until watermelon and lemonade are mixed and desired consistency.
- Pour into a pitcher and stir in water and vodka.